Building A Podcast Kingdom with Rex Factor: Season 1, Episode 3
On this week’s episode of Podcasting Smarter, we interview Graham Duke of the Rex Factor Podcast. Rex Factor is a light-hearted podcast reviewing all the kings and queens of England & Scotland. On each episode, Graham and Ali determine if the monarch has the mark of greatness, known as the Rex Factor!
It all started with a pub conversation and a friendly debate about great monarchs. That conversation is now a weekly, award winning, themed podcast with over a million downloads. Graham shares with us how they created a community as well as financial support for the show through their creative crowdfunding efforts using the Podbean patron program.
Podcasting Smarter Tips from this episode:
- Use your crowdfunding reward levels to create community. Rex Factor patrons become members of the special Privy Council and get access to premium episodes.
- Your fans will want to financially support your show and you can do more for them with their funding.
- Have fun with your audience. Rex Factor top level patrons get to commission an episode which becomes the premium content available only to the Privy Council.
- They started an “insider” hashtag that fans use that references an episode about a monarch with a less than memorable mark in history.
- Make sure you have good audio quality from the beginning.
- Take the time to set up your website, determining your format, your work flow process, tone, and branding of your show before jumping into.
Must Listen To Episode: 44. Charles II (Restoration)
Find the Rex Factor podcast and community: