There Are No Podcast Numbers, Only People: Season 1 Ep. 02
This week’s Podcasting Smarter episode was recorded at Podcast Movement 2016 with Shawn and Richard, the co-hosts and producers of The Language of Bromance Podcast. Podbean is a proud sponsor of Podcast Movement!
This episode was recorded using Podbean’s mobile app and the Go Mic by Samson. The mic was only $40, purchased at their booth at Podcast Movement. And, the free Podbean app allows podcasters to record on-the-go easily. If you host your podcast with Podbean, check it out for a great way to record live from conferences and other venues, or wherever you might be!
Richard and Shawn started podcasting as a means to stay connected as friends after moving apart. More than two years later, they are part of the PodBros Network, and have a growing community of fans who enjoy the hilarious worlds they create around obscure, historical events.
The podcast has been an impressive creative outlet for Shawn and Richard. Their unique storytelling style has led them to film making and creating comics. Adult coloring books may even be in their future.
Podcasting Smarter Tips shared in this episode:
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with your show. Not everything will work, and that is okay. Keep creating!
- Promote your show on Reddit. The community holds you accountable. You have to give to get in Reddit communities.
- Don’t waste your audiences time. They have lots of choices.
- Don’t be afraid to edit things out.
- Create a community around your show. They have the L.O.B. Army.
- Podcasting leads to many unexpected opportunities.
Must Listen To Episode: 84 Planet Of The Emus
Subscribe to Podcasting Smarter on the Podbean app or your favorite podcast player. Join us in the Podcasting Smarter Facebook group, the most supportive group of happy podcasters you’ll find!